Acting Regional Health Administrator: Robert HerskovitzAddress: 233 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601
Office Number: 312-353-1385
Fax Number: 312-353-0718
Robert Herskovitz is the acting Regional Health Administrator (RHA) and Deputy RHA of the U.S. Department and Health Human Services (HHS) Region V which is comprised of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota. Previously, he served in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as the manager of the Program Integrity unit, and former special assistant to the Regional Administrator.
Prior to joining the Medicare program, Mr. Herskovitz, a 60% combat disabled veteran, served in the U.S. Navy for over 22 years, where he enjoyed a variety of assignments including tours in the Navy’s Pacific Fleet Film Unit, Armed Forces Radio Stations in Antarctica, Iceland, Italy, Cuba, New Zealand and during the first Gulf War: Saudi Arabia, (along the Kuwaiti frontier). His final tour was on the Judge Advocate General’s staff at Great Lakes Naval Hospital.
Mr. Herskovitz has received several Secretary of Health and Human Services Awards for Distinguished Service; also recognized with the Inspector General's Program Integrity Award; and from his Navy days, he was awarded several Navy Commendation Medals and Navy Achievement Medals. In 1985 he was Shore Sailor of the Year for Operation Deep Freeze and in1989 he was Sea Sailor of the Year for Pacific Fleet Combat Camera Group.
Regional Staff Contact Information
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Regional Operating Division Offices
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Aging
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration