What information must be provided to file a civil rights complaint?
You may use the Civil Rights Discrimination Complaint Form Package from OCR. You will need to save the PDF forms to your computer or other storage device.
You may also file a written complaint. Please include the following:
- Your name
- Full address
- Telephone numbers (include area code)
- E-mail address (if available)
- Name, full address and telephone number of the person, agency or organization you believe discriminated against you.
- Brief description of what happened. How, why, and when you believe your (or someone else's) civil rights were violated.
- Any other relevant information
- Your signature and date of complaint
For more information, see our web page on How to File a Civil Rights Complaint. If you need assistance in filing a complaint, please call 1-800-368-1019 to contact your regional office.
Last Updated: 11/4/2009